Road, mountain bike and cyclo-cross outings
The Haute-Vienne has 5 MTB bases carrying either an FCT or FFCT label:
- Monts d'Ambazac and Val du Taurion FFC MTB Base in the Monts d'Ambazac: 405 km de trails over 19 circuits. 18 circuits from 5 to 38 km.
- Cussac “Le Souffle Vert” FFCT MTB Base in the Périgord-Limousin Regional Nature Park: 16 MTB circuits from 6 to 45 km and 7 cyclo-cross circuits from 15 to 70 km.
- "Le lac de la Forêt" FFC MTB Base in Châteauneuf-la-Forêt: 355 km of MTB trails and a total of 18 circuits.
- "Le château” FFCT VVF Villages MTB Base in Nedde: 7 circuits and a total of 112 km of marked trails.
- “Pays des Monts de Blond” FFC MTB Base in Vaulry: 350 km in total. 2 green circuits, 3 blue, 7 red and 4 black.
It must be noted that all the trails registered as PDIPR (Departmental Plan of Walks and Excursion Routes), that’s to say 3400 km of walking paths, are also accessible to walkers and mountain bikers. Bikers can follow the yellow markers.
MTB down hill trail at La jonchère Saint-Maurice
Exceptional: Singletracks Mountain Bike Park is the name of this down hill trail open only under certain conditions. It’s not a permanent trail. Check before heading there.
Contact and information: www.singletracksassos.com
Cycle outings: la petite reine …
With famous cyclists such as Raymond Poulidor and Luc Leblanc, the Haute-Vienne has bred champions. It’s not through chance if the département lends itself to pedal power.
Find our cycle-touring circuits here.
The Hauts de Tardoire Green Lane
The only one of its kind in the Haute-Vienne and the Limousin, the 13-km Hauts de Tardoire Green Lane, situated between Châlus and Oradour-sur-Vayres, passes through unspoilt nature where roller bladers, people of reduced mobility, walkers and cyclists can stroll about in a pleasant and safe setting. The Green Lane is forbidden to motorised vehicles.
- All terrain and MTB men/women,
- Electric bikes,
- Recumbent tricycles,
- Quattro-cycles, - Wheelchair tandem,
- Quad/ all terrain wheelchair,
- 20 and 24 inch children’s MTB,
- Rollers (sizes 32 to 47) and protections,
- Children’s seats,
- Bike trailer,
Departure Châlus station: open 7/7 in July and August and on request the rest of the year (for the weekend, please reserve 48 hours in advance).
Tel: 06 26 18 99 23 - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM ~ 2:00 PM- 6:00 PM (July-August).
If leaving from Oradour-sur-Vayres: Pays des Feuillardiers Tourist Office: in July and August open the same time as the Tourist Office. Tel: 05 55 78 22 21