Pavillon du Verdurier

à LIMOGES
This 400 square metre old refrigerating pavilion was used to refrigerate frozen meat from Argentina, often consumed during World War 1. The reinforced concrete building is covered with sandstone tiles. It was ordered in 1919 to put an end to the monopoly of the butcher families in rue de la Boucherie. Its architect, Roger Gonthier went on to build the famous Limoges Bénédictins Railway Station. Nowadays, the pavilion hosts exhibitions.
Tours available during exhibitions.

Service

Accessibilité handicapés (loi 2005) : Non
Spécificités : Ville d'art et d'histoire
Fiche saisie par Indicate a mistake on this page
Coordonnées
Pavillon du Verdurier
15 rue du Collège
87100 LIMOGES
Contacts
Office de Tourisme de Limoges
12 boulevard de Fleurus
87000 LIMOGES